Pathasala Educational Trust has completed seven decades of useful service to the community. It is the saga of a humble man of limited means, who reminds us of Abraham Lincoln of Log Cabin to white house fame. What started as a small primary school in 1935 has in the course of these decades developed into a huge complex of institutions. The Founder-Secretary of
Acharya Pathasala Educational Trust late Sri N.
Ananthachar, a simple, unassuming, self-effacing man had struggled hard to build this institution. In this regard he had the unstinted support of his wife
Smt. Narmadabai and the committee of management as well.
Today, the APS group of institutions
stands a testimony to his tireless efforts and undaunted courage. The main buildings of APS Educational Trust stand tall in the back-drop of the legendary Bull Temple. Being a visionary, Sri.
N. Ananthachar aimed at the all-round development of the students under his care. He tried to draw out the best in the youth,
in body,mind and spirit. His objectives were to impart education to the less privileged students and make them healthy, happy, knowledgeable and above all serviceable to the community.
After the sad demise of Sri. N. Ananthachar (21-04-1976), the responsibility of running the chain of institutions fell on Sri N.Ramachar, Sri S. G. Chandra and his sons Sri. A. R.
Acharya, Sri. A.P. Acharya, Sri. A.G. Acharya and
other members of his family who with the blessings of Smt. Narmadabai (the founders wife) demonstrated to the public, what private efforts can achieve, in an important field like education.
At present, the following are the office bearers of the Trust.
Name of the Trustee
Shanthala Silks and SAREES, Tank Bund Road, Near city railway station,